6 Benefits You Get By Including Gelatin in Your Regular Diet!
Did you know that gelatin can be a great ally of your bone health? Thanks to its contribution of proteins helps us reduce the risk of suffering from arthritis. Gelatin is a natural thickener that is usually used in the culinary to prepare desserts, sweets and a wide variety of recipes. It is a colorless and semi-solid substance that, due to its nutritional composition, offers interesting benefits to the body. It is obtained from the processing of the connective tissues of animals, making it rich in collagen, amino acids and vitamins and minerals. Although it has been used medicinally for hundreds of years, many still consider it as a simple treat.
For this reason, on this occasion we wanted to collect 6 good reasons to add it to the regular diet as an ally to promote well-being. Do not miss it!
1. Improves Digestive Health
Gelatin is a hydrophilic food. This property makes it a good ally for digestive health, since it has gastric juices to promote the digestion of food. Its assimilation in the body helps improve bowel movement, avoiding chronic conditions such as constipation. In addition, for its contribution of glycine, it is ideal to restore the mucosa of the stomach lining, avoiding ulcers and gastritis.
2. Helps to Detoxify the Liver
Although there are many healthy foods to stimulate liver cleansing, it is good to know that gelatin is also a great option for this process.
- Glycine, one of its essential amino acids, helps remove toxins that affect your tissues, hindering its proper functioning.
- This essential substance supports the activity of all excretory organs of the body, so it is necessary to cleanse the blood.
- Its absorption slows down the harmful effects of free radicals, helping to repair cell damage.
3. Reduce Inflammation
The essential amino acids contained in gelatin can help to balance the inflammatory processes of the body, reducing the severity of some ailments and chronic diseases.
“Glycine, its primary amino acid is an anti-inflammatory, among other things, reduces the incidence of infectious processes”.
This substance, together with its antioxidants, repairs damaged tissues and helps prevent bacterial attacks. It is noteworthy that, for its high content of protein of high biological value, is a food that minimizes bone and joint ailments, especially when these are caused by the wear of cartilage and ligaments. So, by adding this product in the diet is also the risk of arthritis and osteoarthritis reduced.
4. Increase Your Energy Level
Despite being a low-calorie food, gelatin is a natural energy that can help improve physical and mental productivity, especially when fatigue or morning fatigue appears.
- It is composed of 90% high quality proteins, which increase the energy level, optimizing the metabolic functions of the body.
- Its assimilation contributes to improve the formation of muscle mass and, in addition, improves sports performance.
- The best thing is that the cells take advantage of them more easily, since their amino acids are not difficult to absorb.
5. Help to Fall Asleep
People who are having difficulty falling asleep properly can try to solve this problem by consuming some gelatin as part of their diet.
- This ingredient provides amino acids that help improve the production of melatonin, a type of hormone associated with good sleep quality.
- It also provides minerals that help relax muscles, reducing the appearance of night cramps.
6. Strengthens the Immune System
Gelatin is one of the food resources commonly used in hospitals and health centers. It is used to help in the recovery of sick patients. In fact, it has been recommended for years as a nutritional supplement to alleviate the most common conditions. This is due to its high content of vitamins C and D, as well as minerals such as calcium and phosphorus, which improve the body’s immune functions. These essential nutrients, in addition to their proteins, participate in the formation of antibodies. Thus, they help to fight against pathogens that cause diseases. Further. It does not give us fat or cholesterol, so it represents an ideal way to try to prevent the flu, the cold and other conditions associated with low defenses.
Did you know these benefits of gelatin? If you considered it was a simple dessert, note that has a lot to offer to your health. Consume it regularly, preferably without artificial additives or sugars.