If you still do not drink tea, you will probably want to do so after learning about the many benefits, especially when combined with cinnamon and turmeric to eliminate inflammation. These two ingredients plus green tea make a nutritionally powerful drink, and it tastes delicious. Next, we will review the main health benefits of each ingredient first and then we will get into what you really want to know: how to make tea!
The powerful health benefits of green tea come from its high concentration of polyphenols – a potent antioxidant. This helps neutralize free radicals (molecules that damage cells) and fight chronic diseases. With that said, green tea helps with the following:
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels and prevents diabetes.
- It reduces inflammation in the intestine that can cause diseases such as IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) or Crohn’s disease.
- Helps prevent cancer.
- Reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease.
- It improves liver health.
- Help in weight loss.
- Reduce inflammation.
- It improves cognitive functioning/
These are just some of the many benefits of green tea backed by science. Still not convinced that you should drink it? Well, read on to discover the benefits of cinnamon and turmeric!
Surprisingly, the researchers discovered that of the twenty-six herbs and spices in the world, cinnamon ranks first for its medicinal benefits and antioxidant levels. This is what cinnamon can do for your body:
- Great source of manganese and calcium.
- Great source of antioxidants.
- It contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- Improves heart health.
- Fight against diabetes.
- Protects brain function.
- Reduces the risk of cancer.
- It can fight allergies.
- It is a natural antimycotic and antimicrobial agent.
- Strengthens the immune system.
The turmeric has been used for over 4,000 years to treat a variety of health conditions. “Studies show that turmeric can help fight infections and some types of cancer, reduce inflammation and treat digestive problems.” University of Maryland Medical Center.
Here are the Six Main Benefits of Turmeric:
- Reduce inflammation
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- It promotes digestion
- Promotes brain and heart health
- It helps relieve arthritis symptoms
Now that you know about these powerful natural ingredients, let’s see how to make tea.
How to Make Canela and Cúruma Ice Cream:
- 1-2 tablespoons of green tea (or a tea bag, depending on how you want to do it)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon + stevia, honey or any type of sweetener you want
- Lemon slices, optional
- Add tea, cinnamon, turmeric and sweetener to the bottom of a French press. (Or, if you use a tea bag, heat a cup of water in the kitchen or microwave and add the tea bag to the water. Let stand for a few minutes, then add the other ingredients.
- Add hot water to about half of the French press and let stand 3 to 5 minutes, stirring once, then press. Let the mixture cool and then add ice cubes to your cup.
- Once you reach room temperature, pour the tea into your cup and drink. Don’t forget to add the lemon slice, if you wish.